Themes & Variations of an African Dance in G Major
- Title: Themes & Variations of an African Dance in G Major
- Author: Emmanuel Tanka Fonta
- 13-Digit ISBN: 978-1-894821-67-4
- 10 Digit ISBN: 1-894821-67-X
- Instrumentation: Flute, Violin, Piano, Upright Bass & Percussions
- Category: Concert / Educational
- Genre: Contemporary / Trad African Music
- Duration: 8:31 minutes
- Difficulty: Difficult/professional (Grades 7-8+)
- Add Info: Score, Parts, CD, 30cm; Spiral bound
An original work scored for Flute, Violin, Piano, Upright Bass & Percussions. Integrating in a contemporary voice & form, variegated polyphonic & polyrhythmic themes, motifs, intertwined with motivic dance imagery & symbolisms of various traditional Cameroonian dance form art.
Thematic inquiries & expositions on the forms, structures, idioms, themes, rhythms, melodies, harmonies, polyphony, polyrhythms and textural patterns inherent in the musical idiolects of different traditional African plucked and bowed string instruments, vocal chant music as well as the idioms of pitched percussion instruments such as the xylophone, thumb piano and marimba.
- Choreography, Ballet.
- Aural, Chant, Polyphonic
- Art form, Composed, Thematic.